Sunday, August 4, 2024

An Interesting Day

So we were invited to the annual party/reunion at Kensington Metropark by my cousin John Szaz.  Try to attend each year when possible.  We have been rained out a fe
w times but mostly the occasion is marked with lots of good food and getting caught up with folks I don't see very often.  We are always welcomed and I am the oldest guy there.  I have great-great nieces and nephews in this group. I am nearly the last of my generation of cousins.  So this is the framework of this event, sunny day, lots of food and camaraderie .  

We had an arduous journey over hill and dale to get there due to the construction and we took the overland route.  It was quite frustrating to say the least.  But finally we arrived at the designated location Martingale Beach.  We parked the car, got out all the stuff we were toting and walked to the spot where we always gather.  We see John and his son walking towards us, hugs exchanged and they carry on to their vehicle.  Moving toward this location, we setup our stuff, put my pasta salad on the community table and sit down.  I grab a hamburger and some of my salad to test it out.  Judy gets some broccoli salad that she raves about.  

We don't see the usual cast of cousins yet.  But the crowd looks right; right ages, right sizes, right chairs and very friendly.  I approach a guy I think I know and remark about his beard being grayer than I remember.   Ask the guy sitting next to me  how he is connected to the group.  I continue to munch away, really enjoying my cheeseburger.  Judy comes up and announces that our group is over there not here.  We have crashed the party.  Everything just looked so right.  Suitably embarrassed,  we offer our apologies and move to our group.  

These folks couldn't be nicer telling us that it was their 30th anniversary and it was fitting in that a group had crashed their wedding reception.  Were give commemorative cookies and off we went to the correct party. I thanked the cook for the burger and told him how much I enjoyed it.   Proceeded to see my cousins. 

An interesting day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...