Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Tuesday Morning

It's 5:10 in the morning and raining outside.  I have been awake since about 4 and contemplating the day ahead.  Taking more pills than I can count each having its own purpose.  A month ago, my life was much simpler.  I did not know I was sick and my heart was failing.  I always felt robust and ready to take on the world, now not so much.  Visited my primary care doc yesterday and she told me to take it easy and take time to heal.  

While I was in the rehab unit, my brother in law John brought me wonderful sloppy food from Vinsetta Grill.  It was such a pleasant change from the hospital food that had all flavor stripped from it.  Sure it kept you alive but at such a cost.  And, he talked to me sharing his experiences from his time in the same unit.  In recent times, he too had major heart issues and was at death's door a couple of times,  His visits were very important. 

Got a gift card from Trader Joes from my sister.  As mentioned many times before, this is my favorite store.  Judy is taking me over there today  to do something normal and buy some food.  

Still need to add some weight,  really did not eat for weeks and food from home is tasting much better.  Made frozen pizza for myself yesterday.  It was good but not great.  Visited with my senior pals yesterday and retold my story.  It was good to socialize.  

Thats if for today

one foot in front of the other

I love my wife more than can be told.  Without her, I would be sitting in a corner feeling sorry for myself.

all for now

stay safe.

Really don't care about the eclipse!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...