Friday, October 20, 2023

Peaceful Morning


 It's a peaceful quiet morning.  I can still hear the crickets chirping in the dark and the light from the street lamps is beaming thru the leaves turning colors for the season.   Captured a this shot at Katey's apartment in Troy.  He was wandering around the wooded area near the buildings.  I guess these guys feel safe in this area because no one can shoot them like in an open field in the country.  The photo lacks good clarity but not bad from a phone camera.  

This is my third driving thru the rain in the dark.  I can do it but it is not really pleasant.  The glare from the head lamps on the vehicles that approach refracts the light.  The roadway glistens and the markings on the roads are nearly impossible to see.  I get thru it but not without some anxious feelings.  Was probably always this way but is seems more pronounced now.

I listen to a lot of music from dead guys, Chic Corea , David Crosby, Miles Davis, John and George, Hendrix etc.  Often wonder what collaborations they could have done with current musicians.  In an effort to hear breathing musicians, I put myself on the Ed Sheeran station.  He sings quite pleasant singable songs. I am glad I tried his tunes. 

At BA Barbershop where Andrew and Eli get their locks trimmed and styled, I have become acquainted with one of the owners, Al.  He seems to be the resident musicologist.  All the other guys are talking sports.   Him, more diverse subjects like modern music.  I hear the sounds coming from around his chair and inquire about the artist (on Pandora).  Yesterday it was Robert Glasper, a pianist and composer playing jazzy soul tunes that I would describe as modal with singers moving in and out of the synthesized sound.  For me, it is really new and stylish and from players still living.  

Another I found on my own,  Esperanza Spaulding, an upright bassist and singer that has her own style of punctuated vocals that ring true and accurate.
Check them out on Pandora. 

Making eats for the kids and for Katey this morning.  I love inventing meals with what I have on hand.  

thats it
all for now
stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...