Thursday, October 26, 2023

Parade of Ants

  I view the faro ants marching across my counter top this morning. They quite like it here with countless generations of offspring.  They are the permanent residents and they pay no rent. No amount of treatment rids us of them.   It also comes to mind that this kitchen setup was new in the Nixon Administration. The formica is worn and dull and the sealant around the creases is separated. It still functions but despite any amount of scrubbing,  its appearance does not improve.

Our roads are improving.  New pavement is being dropped and asphalt is being smoothed out.  Despite months of inconvenience and traffic headaches,  some of it is getting done.  My one complaint is that many of the road markings are nearly gone in high volume areas.  Night driving and especially driving in the rain at that time is problematic.  Bright markings make things easier in both cases.  I can complain all day long.  This won't happen.

I went to the VA hospital with Katey for PT yesterday morning.  While she was getting treatment, I ventured to the first floor for a snack in the little store on premises.  When I was done,  typically I need directions back to the elevator.  I asked a fiftyish lady with an ID tag for the information.  She took a tone that indicated she was being kindly to a helpless old man, with a sing song voice and a lot of "honeys" interspersed in her explanation.  Certainly polite and helpful enough but do I look that old and helpless or dare I say incompetent?  

Grandson Elijah had a band concert Tuesday night.  Monday evening the tuba spent the night in our dining area.  It was my job to get it into the car to return to Andrew's apartment.  Moved the car to the front of the building so I would have more room to hoist the instrument into the back seat.  It was everything I had to accomplish this.  If anyone was watching at 6 o'clock, it was quite a show.   This is a photo after the performance, brother Keith, Elijah, Andrew and me.  

Kids are back to mom's as of last night, so not making a trip to Southfield today.  Soon off to Katey's to feed Apollo.

all for now

stay safe




No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...