Tuesday, October 17, 2023

a Multi-Shot day

 

Had the combo of the flu shot, covid 19 booster and RSV vaccine yesterday afternoon.  Was a little worried about what today would bring.  Surprisingly, save two sore arms, had no other ill effects.  I know, everybody is different and reactions may be different based on a lot of factors.  While waiting a Walgreens to be treated, we were  discussing the donut hole gap that occurs at the end of the year.  The last prescription that falls into this period gets zinged with much higher cost.  Three senior strangers overheard the comments and chimed in with their concerns about the same topic and finding a solution to it.  It was an interesting conversation. 

I snapped this photo of my old buddy Apollo last evening sitting on Katey's couch.  He's a little banged up and white muzzled, kind of like me.  He is 14 and still going strong.  Cataracts have clouded his old eyes but he can still hear well and his sense of smell carries him on his way.  I am certain of one thing.  This guy really loves me without any compromise, still jumps up to see me and is happy to be stroked.  I met him when he was a puppy and Katey was in VA for the Navy.  He sat in my lap like a baby and we bonded, forever.  I will see him this morning for our usual routine.

Since it is going to be a nice but cool day today,  the Riverwalk seems inviting.  Gonna try this afternoon.

thats it

all for now

stay safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...