Monday, October 16, 2023

Me, a Speaker?

 

It's Monday indeed.  Gloomy but quiet outside and heading to Katey's soon for dog duty and PT at the VA.  Breakfast is done and the laundry is in.  Shower is complete. 

I am a laundry criminal because I start it before the legal time of 8am.  The truth is that I have too many things to do and this early, there is no one around.  

I could be the speaker of the house.  I talk well and can speak in front of a group.  I can sound eloquent at times.  People say I have a nice smile.  I understand that there is no requirement to be a member of congress to achieve this high office.  Being a little height challenged, I would need a platform to stand on and be heard.  I really like the idea of hammering on the desk with a gavel.  I am old but not too old and have all my faculties.  These guys need to do something to get a new speaker elected or we will again face default and aid is needed for Israel. Nothing can be done without this office being filled.

At 73, I do spend too much time thinking about what's next.  I understand why depression is so rampant among seniors.  Lives are winding down, bodies are not functioning as well with more daily aches and pains.  The only part of society that is interested in us is  the drug companies and the insurance companies.  There are no magazines offering articles like "Cool Looks for Guys in their Seventies".  People of faith look forward to their reward no matter whether you stand with a cross, a crescent. or the Star of David.  I envy them, lacking much faith.

Hopefully I can be more chipper tomorrow, today, not so much

all for now

stay safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Current events

It's morning and the kids have returned.  Andrew has the day off and he is doing the morning shuttle duty.  Have decided to grow the bea...