Sunday, September 3, 2023

Mostly Music

So, I joined a FB group called "Live at Darryl's House". This is a YouTube show that features musicians playing with Darryl Hall at his house in upstate New York in a makeshift studio/barn.  They are lovely performances between friends that harken back to days past with a look toward the future with these players.  When I joined and was accepted in the group, I made a post about how much I enjoyed the performances and how much fun these folks were having as they played.  To my surprise, there have been 153 likes to this post. Further I mentioned the Dukes of September in a followup and there were about 102 likes and many comments on this one.  I am far from brilliant but there seems to be a lot of seasoned folks that can really feel this music (and others).  We are old but not dead yet and revel in the happiness and joys of listening.
Katey's car was damaged in a hit and run accident about a month ago.  Probably was a driver with no insurance or a stolen vehicle.  Every time I think of this incident, I want to do great bodily harm to this person.  Things were hanging and doing ok but the whole think broke loose on Friday.  Managed to do a duct tape repair with a well placed screw into the plastic for stability, not too bad for a no-talent amateur. 

Jimmy Buffett has died at 76.  He was only 3 years older than me.  It took a minute for that fact to settle in.  His music gave us an escape from life's hustles and allowed us to focus on sunshine, beaches and the rhythm of the waves.  He had a huge group of supporters.  He did not chart well on the radio.  That did not matter.  His music and attitude urged us to relax and appreciate life.  I really enjoyed his work with Alan Jackson on "Its 5 o'clock somewhere".  They seemed to genuinely be buddies.  Tributes from Paul McCartney and numerous others have been pouring in.  Many say his was a life well lived.

When I was a teenager in the sixties, the dream of a kid from the frozen midwest was to live the life of The Beach Boys in the California sun, roaming the beaches with our surfboards looking for pretty girls.  Pre Beatles, this was my favorite music,  The car songs, long forgotten like Little Deuce Coupe, 409, and Shutdown rang in my head.  It is safe to say that car songs are gone.  The harmonies of these guys still amaze me and make me sing along.

thats it.

all for now

stay safe 



No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...