Friday, August 25, 2023

Me and Michael Phelps

My physical therapist, Ann does a good job stretching me out and strengthening my core muscles.  Her goal for this go round is to make me walk more erect and not stooped over (hate that term).  So we go thru our normal amount of warmup, arm exercises and her manual efforts to loosen up my thoracic region (middle) of my back.  So yesterday she says she wants to try something different called cupping. Placing clear plastic cups shaped like the vessel of a wine glass on my back with a devise attached to create suction, they are stuck to my back for about 5-6 minutes and then removed.  This is supposed to improve blood flow the this region and ease up some of the tightness.  

Now dear Ann kills me with these sessions.  I come away thinking I was supposed to feel better after this, but not the case.  But I awoke this morning not feeling bad and little or no pain in my lower back.  Michael Phelps uses this method to rejuvenate his muscles.  I know it looks pretty weird, like giant symmetrical hives.  These blossoms go away in a few hours.  If you have localized pain, these might be worth a try, as a drug free solution.

Finishing up laundry and fed myself this morning. Heading over to Katey's to feed the animals and her and back to get the kids for their stay at our apartment.  Both have been reasonably good natured for a 12 and 13 year olds.  This is a hidden blessing for me.  Roads are still a. mess and school starts Monday.  The adventure continues.

This will be the most circulated mugshot in the history of mugshots.
Thats it
all for now
stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...