Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Squirrelly

So Judy's friend Jayne came over for a visit yesterday.  I arrived after yet another trip to Trader Joes for provisions.  They were talking jovially.  Jayne was draped in a lovely long scarf I noticed immediately which I should have complemented her on.  After putting away my stuff, I ambled off to give them some time.  It was about noon so I walked over to the Taco Bell around the corner.  It seemed that I found the HS hangout for lunch for Berkley High.  In a statement, let me say that the food here always looks better in the pictures than in real life.  Anyway, as I fumbled through my lunch, couldn't help but notice these kids.  They could be my grandchildren.  Girls sitting with girls and boys doing the same.  The young gentlemen noisy full of f*ck this an f*ck that and the girls separately whispering and laughing about who said what and who was going out with who.  Overwhelmingly, I felt out of place in this setting, but the observations were fun.

Big doings at the penitentiary yesterday too.  It seems that a little black squirrel found its way into one of the apartments on our floor.  Needless to say, trauma rang out and it was the hot topic of conversation.  A young policemen showed up with a net but the little fellow had already escaped.  Kathy from the office captured the moment with her camera phone.  You can see the culprit peaking around the plate.

We viewed the finale of The Last of Us after I slept through Jeopardy last night.  It left the audience in a typical cliff hanger moment getting ready for the next season.  Along with the well developed characters, I have enjoyed the post apocalyptic landscape created by the makers.  It mirrored my thoughts on life in the remains of society, with semi destroyed structures and vegetation growing rampantly.  Animals in some cases are flourishing as the characters came upon a Tower of Giraffes (I looked it up).  Ellie fed them leaves and branches with long black tongues reaching for more .  Am eagerly anticipating the return of this show.

all for now

stay safe




No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...