Saturday, March 11, 2023

Snow Day for the Kiddies

 

Much to the joy of the students living here, Royal Oak Schools has declared yet another snow day.  The. juniors are still snuggled in their beds and waiting for Poppy to fix them some breakfast.  

I am here enjoying my second cup of coffee and looking outside at the weather, still coming down pretty good. 

So today is going to be day of TV and making meals for kids.  I have very little else to report.  Saw The Hangover stupid but moderately funny in an adolescent way.  Started watching The Many Saints of Newark, the Sopranos prequel.  This only made sense if you saw every episode of Tony and his crew.  I will finish because of a fascination with the characters. The balding guy playing Silvio has all the neck hunches down and the actress portraying Livia (Tony's mom) is equally as bitchy and judgmental.

Well, its the next day, still gloomy outside.  I am now down to my pre vacation weight and glucose numbers were good today as well.  My birthday approaches quickly.  I recall the stories from my mom on my one month premature birth. Weighing in at 4lbs 9ozs was big deal in 1950.  My father said he had to look thru 3 panes of glass to see me.  Mom fed me every two hours well into toddlerhood, which may have contributed to my rounded physique in those days and later. 

I used to really detest my birthday, marking another day older and closer to reaching my demise.  I see it now as a reason to bring people together, not so much for me, but for each other.  Had a good conversation with old friend Jo yesterday.  She has been traveling on a rough road for a while.  Interactions with friends and people you are close to seems to be the essence of living now.  

 So call somebody up you haven't seen in a while.  Reconnect to people you care about whose paths you no longer cross.  Have a coffee or breakfast to catch up with someone you have thought about.  At this point in our lives, it is of critical importance to connect.

all for now

stay safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...