Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Doctor Visit

So as part of my post vacation deflation, I visited my physician for bloodwork to evaluate my current state of health.  It's one of the wonderful things you need to do as age creeps up on you.  My doc is a skilled and perceptive female of in her thirties.  She is talkative and current on medical data.  Her exams are quite complete and she listens to me, not dismissing my opinions about my health.  I do my best to be completely honest with her.  

She has a former ER nurse as her assistant, that performs all manner of in office tests and data collection.  Her skills as a blood draw expert are without parallel.  I think she mad a deal with the devil to be this good at the task.  Had no discomfort, no extra pokes and little bruising.  I have been stabbed by some real amateurs, resulting in massive bruising on the arm of choice.  I have discussed this topic with my wife, who has had some experience with extracting blood and been told there is a sense of feel that is needed to be successful which cannot be taught from a book or a video.  

Have you watched The Last of Us on HBOmax?  It is about a post apocalyptic world with weary travelers trying their best to survive.  At times brutal with nothing held back in visuals.  The viewer gets sucked in like watching a crash on the highway.  The characters have sturdy personalities and will do what is needed to continue.  The latest episode takes place in winter in what was once Colorado.  I was struck for the first time as to the desperation of the situation and the uncertainty of the characters.  

Also viewed a tween friendly film, We Have a Ghost staring David Harbour (Stranger Things) with a bad combover and Anthony Mackie as the dad.  There is also a wonderful vignette with Jennifer Coolidge at a talk show host in the movie.  The story goes that a family of color moves into an old house occupied by a ghostly guy named Ernest who befriends one of the kids. It has terrific visuals and  an uplifting ending.  If you have kids or grand kids that fit this profile, catch this one.

Have kids this afternoon and into the evening.  Royal Oak is having their all city band concert at the high school.  We attended lots of these in the past when our musical kids were in the band and orchestra.  Should be fun except for sitting on those hard bleachers.

all for now

stay safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...