Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Looking for Tranquility



 
On a constant quest for this.  Sometimes I achieve it thru cooking, sometimes with conversations even those thru today's method of correspondence, texting or messaging.  Reaching out to learn if a friend is ok at this moment allows you to pass on this feeling.  

Todays cookie effort was spiced tofu and potatoes in the air fryer.  It came out quite tasty.  This is an amazing device.  The one we are using is a smaller one good for our family.  Mostly I have cooked cauliflower and this stuff, coming out crispy and delectable.

Had the occasion to take Shannon to our wonderful dentist for her semi annual cleaning.  Her walking and balancing skills are ok but not great.  She can ambulate with a walker with help.  I am always looking for the perfect parking spot, most times without much luck.  There is always an extreme amount of strategy involved.  The vehicle cannot be parked right next to another allowing no room for the wheelchair. We have a handicapped tag but in this case the spots were snow covered and because of poor footing could not be used.

When she was done,  and with the help of Sally the multi skilled receptionist/dental assistant.  we got out the door.  Moved the vehicle to the middle of the driveway in front of the building with the flashers on got my girl into position, struggling to get her into the seat, and realizing I am blocking inbound traffic.  The guy I was blocking was real sweet heart and told me to take what time I needed to get the task completed.  I learned that it really takes two of us to make this transfer.  
This is my girl and her boyfriend Steven at New Gateways with Valentine wishes.  They have human connection even without speaking.  I hear about this guy every weekend,  again a little shot of tranquility.

Been watching too many dark dramas lately.  One is "Your Honor" with Bryan Cranston as the main character and the guy who played David Sackler (Dopesick) as the bad guy.  This one is far too disquieting to watch more than one episode at a time.  Also viewed "The Accused" an American adaptation of a British crime anthology.  Michael Chiklis plays the main character,  again, far too dark.  I need Hallmark Christmas movies or rom coms for a while, with happy if stupid endings to lighten my spirit.

They are predicting "snowmagedden" today.  Remember when you had to go to work?  There were no snow days, ice days or wind days.  Your boss expected you to be there and on time.  With that thought framework, not too worried.

I have no hidden classified documents,  only a bunch of photos and old receipts. Come on in and look at my stuff, be my guest.

All for now
stay safe




No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...