Saturday, January 21, 2023

Latest Creation; Meh!

 

The dish I prepared (tomato/feta pasta was good but just ok really.  So I don't know if it is just me and feta and its texture. but wasn't desperate for more.  Missing all those sunny days on the nature trails and the quiet.  Went back and listened to some David Crosby recording with various groups and alone yesterday at the gym through Pandora.  Decided the song "Lay Me Down" from his 2004 work with Graham Nash Is the song I want them to play as the roll my remains into the barbecue. It is spiritual but not preachy and speaks to the road of life.

Had a spirited conversation with a couple of my friends on life in the factory.  Both had spent their entire careers in the auto industry in Michigan.  I spent a lot of time in these plants as a salesman of safety supplies so I knew the environment at least second hand.  Frankly I liked that part of my job learning how to make cars and truck and how to stay safe in situations that could be precarious.  

Not much planned for today.  Will bundle up and walk Harry in the coat he hates.  Need to solve my phone addiction.  I am glued to it, doom scrolling thru meaningless content.  I know it hampers my sleep.  Wake up at 3am, plop on the sofa and scrolling on my device, not a good plan. in the search for serenity, this is not the answer.  

Want to write some manner of fiction, maybe a short story or essay on characters gathered up though my life.  

that's it

all for now

stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...