Saturday, December 31, 2022

Closing Up the Year

It's the end of the year.  Still feeling older but ok.  It's rainy (becoming tiresome) rather than snowing.  Barbara Walters has passed.  The retired pope has passed.  I was not a big fan of his.  This guy was one of those throne sitting pontiffs that seemed not to be connected to his flock, only collecting reverence because of his station.  Must admit to being a big fan of Francis,  a priest that walks the streets and ministers to all.  My Catholic faith has long since left me, but I still like this guy. 

Those of us that watched the news or the Today Show with our parents were impacted by Barbara.  She had this straight forward approach and a curious speech pattern that was always recognizable.  She did a lot of road paving for the likes of Katie Couric,  Margaret Brennan and others.  They stand on her shoulders.

The amazing Pele has left us as well.  When the rest of the world embraced the beautiful game because of him,  most Americans had no interest,  only playing our brand of football with helmets and shoulder pads.  When I grew up in the 60's there was no soccer.  Now it seems every kid from 4 to 14 has a go at the game at some point in their lives.  

I contemplated ending this blog.  But I find that writing frees me.  Some days that word and thoughts pour out of me like an opened faucet.  Other times I have to drag the phrases out of thy brain.

The former president's tax returns have been revealed after years of legal wrangling.  Really showed no surprises in that creative accounting allowed him and his corporations to claim huge loses, hence no taxes were to or some insulting paltry sum.  Businesses have been manipulating their earnings for dare I  say it generations?  These revelations will cost him nothing only providing fodder for journalists hungry for a story.  That's ok Don, we will cover your taxes with our social security checks. 

We don't know what the next year will bring.  I will try to stay positive, healthy and help out where I can.

all for now 

stay safe




No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...