Wednesday, November 16, 2022

This Morning


So with about two years till the next election, he begins and the onslaught of news about him, what he thinks, how our country is a disaster and how he will make it glorious again (sounds a bit third reichey don't you think). We will learn of his new team and how they are better.  Will Melania hang around?  What is going on with lanky Barron?  We just finished with about a year of the mid terms with countless TV ads, amidst the lawyer ads,  the drug ads, and of course the gambling ads.  The ink has barely dried,  the repubs will have the house and his main disciple will be at the pulpit of the speaker of the house.  I am done with this guy, his red ties, his f*cking hats and orange complexion.  

If I look pissed in the photo, it's because I am, not so much with the candidacy as what we will be subjected for the next two years, yes two years by the media.  I really do not want to hear about this guy any more.  He successfully disrupts the process of running the country at a lot of levels.  

Seeing as the lead story on CNN (online), reminds me of the sinking feeling I had waking up at 3am in November 2016 to hear the news of his election or watching the Capitol being invaded by insurrectionists on Jan 6th 2021, in complete disbelief in the reality that was put in front of me.  

But enough about this topic, the cold days of winter are approaching, and again  I am faced with the dilemma of winter doldrums, on our grey days.  My only saving grace is exercise via trips to Planet Fitness, cutting down on carbs and finding some manner of inner peace.  And also peculiar to me, writing down my thoughts in this blog.  Sometimes it's easier than verbalizing because the words can be revisited and rewritten, not so much in speaking them.  A bell cannot be un rung.

Having lunch with the boys from the penitentiary today.  It will be a simple place quite familiar to all.  I will hear oft repeated stories.  So much so, I can rattle off the endings. 

that's it

all for now

stay safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...