Sunday, November 6, 2022

Band and Bowling

We attended the first Royal Oak Middle School Fall band concert last night to see Elijah and his clarinet along with what seemed to be a cast of thousands,  not really, about 90 6-7th graders. 
its two days later......
Saturday morning and getting ready to take Eli bowling for his practice session.  He and his sister spent the night last evening.  What a difference from when they were little and we had to find things for them to do.  Now, it is eating, screens, and phones with little conversation.  I can watch the news with no complaint and Harry is nestled next to his buddy.  It's all very quiet with no chaos.

I visited the family and friends of my old workplace friend Chris in the afternoon yesterday.  He looked too young to be in the casket.  I remember him running around Staples with the oxygen generator on his back making customers happy with his demeanor and extensive tech knowledge.  I met his mom.  She was still in shock over his passing.  He was a member of a large church group with the rest of the family.  I am sure they will provide support.

At Eli's bowling practice, I had occasion to meet with the director of the league. We had a pleasant conversation about raising kids of all ages mostly talking about the kids you really did not participate with, because you were working so. much.  Then the smaller ones that you did participate with were covered.  For him, it was a 14 year old daughter and for me it was my kids vs. my grandkids.  I was always a work for mine as well.  I went to games and concerts but did not know of the day to day stuff.  With grand kids, I know more.  I know and befriend their teachers, know about homework and still go to concerts and games.  Andrew revealed to me that this fine man's youngest daughter had died recently.  I was knocked for a loop, as it was not mentioned in our conversation.

People of faith have a coping skill in their emotional toolbox that I do not possess.  The passing of a loved one or friend is seen as part of God's plan.  It is lost on me.  Somehow, one carries on.

its a Shannon Sunday and we have already watched B and the B, moving on to Looney Toons.  There are decades worth of these to watch,  I don't think we have reached the end yet.

all for now
stay safe



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...