Monday, October 17, 2022

Man in a Striped Shirt

Had occasion to travel to Krogers in Oak Park yesterday.  After making my purchases and in the parking lot, I happened upon an older African American man in a striped referee's shirt and black pants.  He was noticeable because of the shirt.  I spotted him in the store as well.  He said something to me like "have a nice day young man".   Correcting him saying that I was not young at 72.  He replied that he was 76 and was going to Clarenceville HS in Livonia to ref a flag football game.  He was a little bent over but moving well.  He further explained to me that he was the only referee in the state of Michigan qualified to do this  job in 8 sports.  I was and am impressed.  Most of us will not be moving as well as him at 76.

Had a Shannon weekend, filled with her usual programing.  We took a longer than usual walk and my back paid the price.  Judy went to Marie's soccer game with Andrew and Miss Shannon and I went down to the parlor to discuss the world with her pals.  Made her Mac and cheese from a box, (her favorite) and it turned out to be a good day.

Doing laundry, then heading to Planet Fitness reluctantly.  Further, these writings are and will be my feelings and opinions on touchy topics.  I will not be hurtful to anyone I hope.  

We are governed in this state by mostly women, including the governor, the Secretary of State, and the Attorney General.  We have female senator, and congress members.  I think this is fine.  The roads are getting fixed (which we are bitching about the inconvenience).  There are shorter wait times getting a license.  I really have no problem with our current crop of elected officials.    I am a man very disappointed that Roe vs Wade was overturned.  It is my belief that a woman has sovereign ownership of her body and her choice what to do with that body.

all for now

stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...