Sunday, August 21, 2022

So its Raining

Sunday and it's raining, has been all night.  I think of my friends in CA and how this would be a blessed event for them.  This is my first baby barf in a long time a gift from Baby James last week.  Speaking of gifts,  we completed Ethan Hawke's The Last Movie Stars  yesterday evening.  It shows the complicated lives and careers of Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward in a six episode documentary.  It may be the opus of his fine career.  See it if you can on HBO Max if you love this era of film and the passionate performances of both actors.  Now, I want to hunt up some of the films shown in the doc. 


I remember seeing The Verdict,  The Hustler and The Color of Money.  But now I need to re view them in light of this presentation.  Joanne was the real acting star in the family but Paul had more flash and better box office so that is what we watched.  The Three Faces of Eve I do not really recall.  Further I  come up short on memories of her films and television performances.  Need to find a way to remedy this.

All the cruising is over for another year around here.  Harry and I took our long walk and saw about a block of the crowd which was quite cheery and pleasant, not at all jam packed as I expected.  There was rain predicted for the day and it did not materialize to the benefit of the participants.   

Thats it for today
all for now
stay safe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...