Saturday, August 20, 2022

I Found Him!

Every once in a while we wonder "what ever happened to?" When I was in my early twenties, well employed, I decided to move out of my parents house.  Worked for Matty Moroun at Central Transport in a couple of jobs and met this fellow.  His name is John Fritz Anderson and he lived in northern Troy with his mom.  We became friends and decided to become roommates, living in the brand spanking new Royal Coachman apartments.  I think I was 24 and he 26.  He had experience living on his own in college at Clark University in Worcester MA.  I know nothing about rent paying or utilities or even phone bills.

We had a pretty good experience in out lovely place with the balcony outside.  Had a couple of good parties with my college pals that included something new for its time, actual food served, almost burned the place down with an oven fire at one in the morning. Ultimately he went his way and me mine which meant being neighbors but staying friends.  I got married and he did too for a second time.  Then we lost track of each other, maybe now for about 46 years.  I often wondered where life took my friend.  But alas, through Judy's sleuthing, I found him and his wife happily residing in Durango CO.  We spoke on the phone yesterday at length.

What a gift!

all for now

if you are a mind to, enjoy the Woodward Cruise


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...