Thursday, February 3, 2022

A Gift from Suttons Bay

 

We were entered in a drawing for gifts from our favorite B&B in Suttons Bay MI and won a SB gift pack from our friends Jillian and Jared Pontius the proprietors. This drawing is to commemorate the 100 year anniversary of the Korner Kottage. We look forward do visiting again when the weather is more temperate.  This me at the end of the pier that overlooks the bay on our last visi


Memory is an odd thing.  I read a name and it reminds me of one long forgotten. Read Sherman and it reminded me of Sheehan, Dr. George Sheehan, the running doctor.  I read his book Dr. Sheehan on Running and it changed my life offering new perspectives.  It was truly an inspiration.  I was newly married in my twenties and had started running for fun entering some of the many 10K races that were going at the time.  I was an avid Runners World reader and he had a regular column.  I found the paperback version of this book and that was It, I was a runner.  Many years later, on a plane from Pittsburg going somewhere, there was a slight rumpled man sitting in the seat behind me.  He was carrying a bag stuffed with papers and very shopworn.  Somehow the face looked familiar.  "Is your name Sheehan?" I asked.  He smiled.  I told him how his book changed me.  We talked a bit and went our separate ways after the flight.  It's a picture I could still paint. I want to reread that book.

Snow not nearly as bad as predicted.  Harry went out this morning without issue and it looks like about 4 inches, a dusting by Michigan standards.  I am now fully enrolled in my new Medicare Advantage Plan and am learning the ins and outs of the program. I get a Fitbit and some online fitness classes.  Going to Kroger to get scripts and find out my latest costs.  

Making more Chicken Soup today.

all for now
stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...