Saturday, January 22, 2022

At ease


Today I feel at ease not stressed out about the details of life or filled with anticipation of the things the need accomplishing. Maybe its because I am wearing my new favorite article of clothing, a used North Face zip up sweater/sweatshirt with side pockets. I had one of these from Lands End while I was working and rarely took  it off.  After about 3 years, I finally killed it and it had to be tossed.  I got my latest find from St. Vincents Thrift shop for about 3 bucks.  This garment just feels like I have owned and worn it forever.

I am new to discovering resale shops.  This place has half off on Fridays if you purchase a bag for 10 bucks.  There are discounts for veterans and for seniors on some days. The finds were amazing and after a quick wash, looked like they were just unwrapped.  

Woke up early as usual and felt myself sinking into the couch relaxed.  I have been able to lessen back pain by focussing on that part of me and thinking thru it.  Mind you, its not excruciating, but annoying.  Burnt thru half of my phone battery scrolling and got rolling.

My wife is a fan of the show Ordinary Joe.  I am not.  For me there are too many stories going on at once and I get lost as they transition between the narratives.  Streamed it last night and I was as confused as ever with her constant explanations needed.  

Its a Shannon day and I will be picking her up at about 3.  It will be cold but no ice or snow. 

Still wearing my new sweater, don't know when I will take it off.

Received some interesting responses to my FB blog post about Cannabis.  Much was said about the valuable medicinal uses of the plant.  All the points are valid.  Nice to see the comments on this subject.

Read an inspiring story this morning in Humans of New York.  This man, Tony Hillery was a successful business man running a company that provided car service to New Yorkers.  The business went bust in the wake of the pandemic.  After floundering around the house, he marched in to an elementary school and asked the principal what could he do to erase childhood poverty.  She put him to workin the lunchroom as a monitor.  He noticed the trash strewn lot across the street from the school, cleaned up the area and without gardening experience,  started planting food.  The kids joined in, most of which are living in shelters.  He forged friendships with the students who called him Mr. Tony and discovered what was important in life.  Now there is a book, Harlem Grown about the project.  One man can make a difference;

all for now
stay warm and safe

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...