Sunday, January 23, 2022

Shrunk

 It's Sunday and it's snowing.  January in Michigan so it should come as no surprise. I shrunk one of Judy's sweater finds in the washer this morning.  It must be made from wool.  Now it will fit a small child.  Acquired some bags of loose tea in differing flavors.  Bought a "tea ball" to brew the stuff.  Little fragments of the leaves escaped the contraption.  Now I have floaters.  Flavor is good but it may be more trouble than its worth.  I might dispose of the whole enterprise.

Shannon is watching B and the B and I am contemplating the day.  Saw Dickman with his dog outside in the weather. As I have explained before, Shannon stays in a pleasant, caring group home.  One of her housemates is a little guy named Austin.  He has some genetic condition that places him near death in his twenties.  He has few family members that do little to care for him.  The home manager does her best along with the rest of the staff.  There is little close connection for him even as the end of his days approach. My heart breaks for this guy.  We recognized that Shannon needed advocates when she started her life and continues to do so.  Austin has professional help.  There is a difference.  A loving touch will dry tears and comfort pain.  The life he has been given makes me ask many questions about some sort of plan for him.  Break my body instead.  I deserve it.

Too much preaching

Cleaning today, carpets and washing the kitchen floor.  Going to roast some chicken thighs in the oven for future meals, a good source of protein.  Glucose has been somewhat stabilized in the 120's for a few days.  I must be eating right.  Now we are on a Looney Tunes marathon.  HBO Max has these back to the forties,  a time when political correctness was not even thought of.  Got my cleaning done along with the laundry.  Gawd I hate dusting.  I cannot really see the dirt but I go over it anyway.  

Saw Christine Baranski streaming on Stephen last night.  What a stunning and articulate woman, dressed in beautiful appropriate fashion.  She could give lessons. She is part of a new historical drama on HBO, The Gilded Age which we will give a try.  Told of her time with Stephen Sondheim.  Steve had another talentless musical guest.  I could suggest acts for him to bring on that would be more entertaining and at least proficient musicians. 

All for now

stay warm and safe (not too much slipping and sliding)



No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...