Thursday, August 20, 2026

Perhaps a lesson

I was at Katey's yesterday working on her lawn.  She injured her back and was behind on her yard work.  Finished up the cutting, edging and trimming and came upon an old adversary.  It was the remnants of a bush long dead, a stick coming up from the ground alone, wood hardened like it was petrified, big enough to trip over.   It's been bugging me for a while.  Located a saw and started in on removing it.  I was slowly laboring away when a long haired twentyish young man walked up the sidewalk.  Seeing I was not accomplishing much, we started chatting and he mentioned that he could do the job.  At first I refused but then relented.  Then with about 6 strokes of the saw, it was done.  I thanked him and he was off.

This was a small kindness that he probably has forgotten by now.  It stuck with me.  Small impactful events do sometimes stay with you.

Going to breakfast with Bill and Mike this morning to stay connected and solve the problems of the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Perhaps a lesson

I was at Katey's yesterday working on her lawn.  She injured her back and was behind on her yard work.  Finished up the cutting, edging ...