Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Progress

We are making progress on our resident apartment.  They put in the new countertop in the kitchen yesterday.  On of the installers got cut on the stone.  Mama Judy jumped into action and patched him up and made him promise to visit Urgent Care after the day was thru. We are getting the appliances tomorrow and we will

finally be in business,  This process started on January of this year and now coming to fruition. Doing more walking in the neighborhood.  Walked on Lahser to 12 mile yesterday with Harry.  The houses were well maintained and tidy.  The walk was too noisy for my liking. 

For the first time in my life, I am now a minority.  This community is about 70 percent African American.  To a person, all the folks I have encountered have been pleasant and quite friendly.  One could call it "code switching", but I don't think so.  I think it is an age demographic thing.  Most of the people are old like me.  in some ways, moving past our differences.

and on to our similarities. This is a good thing.

Big presidential debate tonight.  The question will be; can Kamala best the former president?  Will he go off the rails and attack her with false labels and bring up past legal decisions that color her in the worst possible light?  Will all the crimes he has been convicted of be brought to light?

Sadly, Mufasa has died.  What a wonderful and enduring legacy James Earl Jones leaves behind.  There

could never be anther Darth Vader.  I remember seeing Star Wars in 1977 and being completely consumed by the story and the heavy and labored breathing of this most menacing character.  I can't count the number of times Shannon and I watched The Lion King on a Sunday morning with me reciting the dialogue. 

thats it.

all for now

need to get into the shower and begin my day


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...