Thursday, July 25, 2024

Rambling and Rumbling


I am reminded of the harsh reality of life nearly every day.  The ambulance pulls up  with the Police cars in tandem and they take another resident away.  Little is permanent.  This place is the last rodeo for many. This is a photo from my travels this morning in beautiful Berkley.  I have way too much time on my hands to contemplate.   

It's a new day.  Stephanie had a family emergency and she and Andrew had to drive to Alabama to deal with it.  We are with the kids at their home with Harry who is trying to get used to his new surroundings as are we.  I don't like living in someone else's house at least initially.  I will become more accustomed to it as the days wear on.  Our dwelling is in an uncompleted state waiting on the city inspectors.

Went to the Madison Heights Nature center and captured a couple of shots of  the blooms amidst all the greenery from rainy days. 

Need to cut and trim the lawn here today.  Made myself eggs which turned out pretty good.  Not used to cooking with someone else's pans and cookware.  Finishing up my cold coffee and waiting on the kids rise up from their slumber. 

The sun is up and this is the first time I have seen the early morning at this site.
We will be living here soon when the apartment is done downstairs.  I am getting better at the stairs and my confidence is building while staying careful. 

Harry and I took up the couch in the family room last night.  I moved his crate close to me and he fell asleep.  I searched for a comfortable position reminding myself of my bad decision to sleep there.  Not much else for today.
all for now
stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...