Friday, June 7, 2024

a Free Concert

 

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on all this therapy.  Discharge from all three is eminent.  I am about to be freed of all the fixing that is going on with me.  This is truly remarkable news.   This is a Lilly from our grounds at the apartment.  

We saw the remarkable free concert held a the front of the Michigan Central Train Station last night.  A wonderful show with music from all genres, rock, soul, gospel, country and included accompaniment by the DSO for Eminem and his crew.  Most rap I don't get, but is loved Big Sean and Common.  Jack Whites performance was akin to the guitar playing I remember seeing as a 20 something at concerts, loud, raucous and irreverent.  I really  loved I and it bringing  back memories of my younger days.  Everyone seemed to have a great time.  There were no disruptors and all were smiling at the end. 

I worked about a mile from the station traveling west on Michigan Ave. turning on Vinewood Ave. to get to our warehouse.  I remember thinking what a shame the structure had fallen into such disrepair.  Mattie Moroun owned it then and let it rot probably to use the land ultimately.  Thanks for Bill Ford, it as been transformed into a magnificent structure.  


Making more progress on the house with lots of plantings done.

thats it 

all for now

stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...