Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Current events


After at major heart event on March 5th and 2 falls that resulted in hospitalizations, as of today May 6th,  I feel like I have a future.  Adjustments still need to be made,  but I can see a path forward.  

Shannons 36th birthday was celebrated yesterday with cake and pizza in the apartment.  She had a great visit with her pals downstairs beforehand.  I made the cake which was pretty good and she had a great day.

This is a photo of the cronies in the lobby from Saturday.  It is indeed a motley crew.

Eli and the 8th grade from ROMS embarked on their trip to Washington DC.  All were excited but sleepy at the 430am departure. 

It's the next day and I am feeling pretty not bad.  Going to Cardiac Rehab to see my friend Mia to put my endurance to the test on the NuStep device.  Always trying to move toward not being the broken guy in need of repair.  

I fear for our republic.  With our president supporting the war effort in the Middle East by funding the ambitions of Israel's current prime minister and his ardent right wing supporters,

I don't see how he can defeat the Republican nominee in November.   We have all seen the news reports of death and destruction in Gaza,  the children being killed and starved.  That being said,  it throws the door open for a Republican victory. 

 I really don't care if he had a fling with Stormy while Melania was giving birth to Barron.  The 130K payout is as significant as the fines imposed for contempt of court which amount to 10K,  parking meter change for the defendant.  

What really looms large is that he won't accept the results of the election unless he wins and the possibility that SCOTUS may find that a president cannot be prosecuted for any crime while in office.  In our country, no one is supposed to be above the law.  

I know, too much ranting.

all for now
stay safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...