Friday, February 2, 2024

Some improvement

Got my results from bloodwork which showed some improvement in my health status.  Like the commercials say, "My A1C was down" and I was pleased, like a not guilty verdict at my trial.  I always sweat out this aspect of the exam.  Physicals are not what they used to be.  It was basically an interview with blood pressure and a couple of finger readers.  I have had some time to think about this.  The compensation from Medicare must not cover the expense of the full exam.  Really not impressed.  Went to the Beaumont Lab for the blood draw which went smoothly.  Will keep kicking for a while longer, just not as high.  More and more I feel discounted and dismissed because of my age.  I think these healthcare professionals are saying "What's the point, he's old anyway".  We must all take care of our well being and take responsibility for our health.  Doctors aren't really going to help us.  Stop eating like a teenager and go for a walk!

Continuing to work in this house with the old registers and old ductwork that the new products don't fit and a washer with mystery problems.  Have had good technician looking at it and I believe it will be solved. 

Looking outside, the snow is nearly gone and the pavement is dry.  Kids are back with their mom so we have less to do for a couple of days.  

Had to include this photo of my beautiful  great nieces.  Went to a HS scheduling presentation with Eli a few days ago.  Material was well said and understandable for the incoming freshmen class next fall.  But I did not hear the counselors or the asst principal say "We want your children to feel happy here and feel safe".  Thats just an observation



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...