Monday, January 22, 2024

A Wedding!!

So the day after the big move,  it's marriage day.  I know, a lot in short span of time.  Let's look at the recent time line.  On January 5th they got possession of their new home in Southfield.  During  January 7th-12th, floors were refinished, with painting up until the move in date of the 20th.  And then.....get married.  Whew! lots to accomplish.  

The service was held at LAM or Life Application Ministries in Warren.  This is a non denominational  faith center that is largely African American.  The pastor was terrific preacher that really believed every word that came out of his mouth.
This is much different than the Roman Catholic tradition I grew up with. It's much more spontaneous and interactive with the congregation.  There is no Mary.  There are no Saints, only Jesus and God and the teachings of the Bible.  I did not agree with everything he said but was thrilled with the presentation.  I have always admired great orators.  Also this guy is about 5'1" near as I can tell.  
The ceremony was straight forward with all the needed elements.  It was small, only family members and a few friends were present.  These two really love each other and it really shows.  I am so happy for them both.

I had occasion to see my friend and mentor Omar Griffith at the service.  He is an Elder in the church. He has suffered a partially detached retina recently and I think of him a lot.  Omar has been my window into the truths of black culture.  He and I have the difficult discussions to more toward harmony between our differing cultures.

Also, Jon and his boys Paxton and Everett came for an overnite to attend the marriage ceremony.  My lovely Katey served as one of the witnesses needed at for completion of the process.  
The folks at Zeoli put on a wonderful luncheon after the service.  This place never disappoints. 

It was a big weekend to say the least filled with joys and activities.  Me and Shannon are here now watching Moana from Disney.

Got some good shots of our crew from Middleville as well over the time of their visit.

all for now
stay safe and warm






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...