Friday, December 15, 2023

Recently


Had a low keyed day for our 48th anniversary on December 13th.  Went to the Breakfast Club in Madison Heights for an opulent breakfast.  Eating this meal out is a real treat and really better than dinner or lunch.  We are both hungry and ready to try out new stuff.  If you are local to us, this is a great spot, a bit over the top for everyday meals but wonderful for an occasion.  

Katey had an office holiday party last evening.  It was held at the Gaelic League on Michigan Ave in the Corktown district of Detroit.  I provided the transportation home.  Was quite pleased with myself that I remember this neighborhood so well and made it down there quite handily even though the GPS gods routed my through the city streets, not the freeways.  Michigan Ave is much prettier than I remember with lively bars and Christmas lights on this evening.  In my time there I frequented Nemo's and Reedys bar for luncheons with my work colleagues.  Nemos is going strong but Reedys is now a law office.  I fondly recall the turkey dinner lunches at the long bar once a week with my boss.  Nemos had one of the best burgers I ever ate and they used the honor system for payment.  There were the same three guys sitting at their same stools at the end of the bar every day.  Friend Pat was friends with the owner and they often negotiated about available Tiger tickets.  I have some good memories of these days.  Took my father in law Harry there once after a game and he loved the place and all the sports heroes on the walls.  St Paddy's day was a big day in this neighborhood.  I recall lots of beer drinking on the street in front of the Gaelic League.  Katey told me that the place is for rent for 300 bucks for the whole day, not a bad price.  

Leaving for kids in about 30 minutes and there is no rain or snow.  Breakfast is done and I have to cleanup the dishes.

thats it

all for now

stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...