Thursday, October 12, 2023

Morning Again

Morning again, mourning the loss of my favorite glasses.  They broke.  They are readers from Amazon.  I will order more.  Had another active day yesterday with a trip to the Federal Building taking Katey for an abbreviated work day.  I was pleased that I could remember my way around after so much time.  I went to college and worked in the city most of my life.  Still the passage of time removes familiar memories.  The transport went fine aside from needing to take the Lodge Freeway home due to the excess traffic at 4:30 on I-75.

Watching The Mindy Project with Katey last night remembering the brilliant dialogue between the characters on the show.  It was fun with a Coors light, whole grain toast and a hard boiled egg,  Apollo and Meatball on the couch.  

Kids are back with their mom for the week so the pace of activities has slowed.  Took Eli to his tuba lesson at McCourt Music's new site which was spacious and well lit.  Met his teacher, Dave Jenson that instructs on all the brass instruments.  A nice guy that really encourages his players to do their best without judgment.  I don't know why but I love going to music stores  with instruments hanging on the walls.  There are players in practice rooms enjoying various stages of success in scales and melodies.  I enjoy the stuff of the place, the woodwind reeds, the mouthpieces and the bows for the string instruments.  I really believe there is great merit in teaching music, its structure, discipline and ultimate beauty when the song comes out right.  The focus achieved by these young musicians will help them later.  

Have been thinking with sadness about the innocents killed and maimed in Israel this week.  Soldiers fight each other at the behest of their countries leaders. It's their job.  Taking the lives of babies, moms, grandmas and kids that have nothing to do with a conflict is unrcontionable. There is nothing left to say.  

All for now

Stay safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...