Friday, September 15, 2023

Outmoded and a trip to the Zoo

Doing the wash early and having an egg/cheese/ham breakfast while contemplating what's next for me. in the long term that is growing shorter with each passing day.  My generation that proclaimed "never trust anyone over than thirty" is now in their seventies long past that dead line.  We are completely out of vogue and the only companies that are courting my demographic are the drug companies and medicare insurance companies and of course the politicians.  I picked up a copy of Rolling Stone at a dentists that was current.  I recognized no one that was written about.  This publications provided reviews of the latest recordings, that are no longer there.  We saw a singer, Olivia Rodrigo on the Today Show a couple of days ago.  Comments were made that she wasn't so good.  And yet the stage was surrounded by thirteen year old girls with phones recording the event all blissfully singing along to the tune, faces beaming, and me clueless.

Its the next day....

The morning has begun with a trip to see Apollo and breakfast for Katey after. my own breakfast.   The sun is beaming and I am so glad to find these dark lensed sunglasses.  I cannot remember a time when I was not squinting.  Judy is visiting with a friend for coffee and all is quiet aside from the first ambulance the arrived as I drove up.  Daily visits from these folks are really commonplace we all kind of take them in stride. 

Gonna make some sauce from the Kayla's tomatoes today.  I have all the ingredients.  Home grown tomatoes make the best sauce as there is less acidity and it's generally sweeter.

Taking Katey and her one legged scooter to the Detroit Zoo today.  Weather is lovely, sunny and cool.  This will be her first fun outing in about 6 weeks since her injury.  It should be fun. 

This seems to be the season of strikes.  The Writers Guild and the Screen Actors Guild are on the picket lines since about May. There is no end in sight for them.  Yesterday union auto workers marched off the job at midnight.  All these workers deserve a fair share.  The management and the stockholders are raking in huge profits.  This guy Fain is asking for a lot from the companies. I get his point.  His brothers and sisters seem to be behind him.  He seems to be straight forward and dedicated to the rank and file.  I admire him for not cozying up the management.  These negotiations are contentious as they should be.  It's a battle, period. 

thats it
all for now
stay safe







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...