Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Kayla's Tomato Stand


 

So, I was going to write about the ins and outs of aging today.  Had most of my ideas formulated.  But I had a meeting that jumped ahead of these thoughts.  we had a doctor visit at the VA hospital for Katey.  It went well.  Got everything done well and I was going to construct the dinners for the kids.  

I received a call from my wife letting. me know that there were some tomatoes for sale at a stand down the street from a neighbor's backyard garden.  Love home grown tomatoes.  They are truly a gift for this time of the year and can be used for many things.  I walked down to see what was up.  

This is Kayla and her tomatoes.  The family garden produced too much bounty and she told her mom she wanted to sell the products.  Now their home is down the street from Rogers Elementary.  There are lots of moms picking up their youngsters in a little while to clean out the stock, so my timing was perfect.  I asked what would 5 dollars buy.  Kayla's mom said it was her decision and she reluctantly allowed me to pick them out.  She was a sweet little girl and quite talkative with lots to say and giving me a goodbye hug when I walked off. This whole experience really made my day. This is a tomato salad made from my purchase.  What a treat!

Kids are home now famished as usual and looking for their cookies. Thats is for today. More notes on aging tomorrow.  So stay safe and enjoy these lovely fall days. 

I am sure at this point the tomatoes are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...