Friday, September 29, 2023

New Family Member





We have a new family member.  He weighs about the same as an 8 year old child and takes up about as much room as and adult sitting in a lawn chair.  You guessed it.  He is a tuba.  The kid has an affinity for this instrument.  We will see what happens.  At least for now, we will have to arrange  another place setting at the dining table.  
 
Of course we celebrated  Judy's birthday on Tuesday with the obligatory photo with the lit candle much to her chagrin.  It was a nice party with store bought cupcakes (from Julian Bros Bakery) and Jets pizza.  The baked goods were outstanding and I would recommend this place.  Andrew and crew were present along with Katey on crutches.  It was as loud as usual.  

I picked up a purchase for Katey from Walmart's outdoor pickup area.  Went pretty well, timely and convenient.  The young man was appreciative of the small tip I tendered.
Then he asked me if I was related to the President.  Maybe it was the thinning white hair or some facial resemblance.  I said I was no relation.  He smiled and walked off.   It came to mind that I could say he was my older brother and I was born out of wedlock and adopted off in the fifties.  We are in fact similar in age, me at 73 and him at 80.  Might be good for a laugh and conversation with complete strangers.  However, I am simply too honest to pull this one off.
While I was driving back to her place, I recalled a person I worked with at Staples named Cat Cahaney.  She was a lovely lady that left us in 2019.  She led a life full of color and separate from our employment together, she had a venue in Clawson for girls parties. Judy and I went to her apartment for a couple of parties with co workers.  It was always stuffed with people and sometimes live music with tons of food and drink.  Widowed for some time, she worked as a cashier at the store.  There was a man who first met her as a customer and grew to be her significant other. He sent flowers to her every day at the store.  All would amaze at the beautiful blooms.  They were planning a life together, and sadly he died.  She left us soon after.  I don't know why I thought of her, maybe because I drove past her street. It was an interesting post retirement career for me however short lived.

I know, too much rambling.

Thats it
all for now
enjoy the day
stay safe

 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...