Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Thought of changing my name (Pumba in Lion King)

So earlier in the summer we received and inquiry from Lynn who runs the New Gateways Program that Shannon attends about a local publication that serves the special needs community. Being the writer of the family, I completed the questionnaire they provided requesting details of our lives with Shannon and our whole family.  They seemed to like my responses and told us we would be the featured family of the September issue.  Judy assembled some photos of us with all the kids and the grand kids along with some scenes with her in our senior citizen complex.  This is our girl with an advance copy of the magazine. 

After a day of running around with kids, taking stuff to Katey's apartment and other operations, I went to Lange house to retrieve the copy to read the article. I pulled it out of her back pack and something looked funny.  With a cursory glance I saw, "Meet the Krocsis Family" emblazoned on the cover above the great shot Andrew took of us on our veranda.  

So now my Hungarian heritage is gone and my name sounds like a skin condition between the toes.  Astra Zeneca is developing a treatment.  I was really looking forward to seeing this.  So the article is basically my responses to the questionnaire put in paragraph form and all Judy's photos loo great.  I emailed their person about 15 times with my name shown on each one.  But, shit happens and if the information can provide some guidance to a family looking for answers, I am ok with it.  

The entrance ramp for eastbound I-696 is now a big pile of dirt off Telegraph.  This redo is going to take a long while.  The now, less quick access is off Lahser road and impatient drivers are not waiting their turn and cutting in front. (mostly the Ram Truck guys I mentioned yesterday).

Taking Katey's car in for another evaluation.  This time Progressive Insurance and the collision shop will battle it out for what is absolutely needed to do the repairs. This is another continuing saga. Then I am off to feed teenagers and watch more TV.  Painkiller with Matthew Broderick is another disheartening look at the exploits of the Sackler family.  Down with Love on Prime is an uplifting series about young people with Downs Syndrome looking for love.  I am quite smitten with this one.

That it

all for now

stay safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...