Friday, June 30, 2023

A Hair Fix

So after a day of kid pickup, grocery shopping, delivery of dog stuff to Katey, an afternoon nap and lunch, I did my normal Thursday routine and took Elijah for his hair cut and styling at BA Barbershop in Madison Heights. His hair is a two step process in that he has a styling session and then a cut.  I greeted the lovely lady that performs her magic on him and she looked at me longer than usual.  Anyway, I sat down, playing games on my phone.  

Andrew arrived and he looked at me somewhat askance.  He said who did that to your head.  He pointed out the problems with my last recent haircut and Satayria, the lady doing Eli chimed in.  He insisted that I sit in Scott's chair and get it fixed.  Scott the master, clipped and cut the offending foliage and I came out looking much better than I did when I entered.  I have always felt like this place was a home away from home for me.  These guys really liked and accepted me, despite our differences in background.  

My balance is on the wane.  I was losing it coming out from the chair.  Both of these guys leaped to my aid and righted my footing.  Feeling their strong hands holding me up was a complete reversal of roles.  Still a dad but now on the receiving end of assistance instead of providing it.  I am not thrilled with this but accepting.

Breakfasting with my friend Bob this morning.  We haven't seen each other in a while.  I know he has been traveling in Oregon most recently.  I have been here.

These smoky skies seem unrelenting.  I opened up the doorway a little this morning to hear the birds singing and the sounds of the rest of the world.  Hope some rain arrives and washes some of it from the sir. 

I have strong feelings about the recent SCOTUS ruling on affirmative action but won't share them now.

all for now 

stay safe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...