Friday, May 19, 2023

I Don't Drive Fast Enough


 I don't seem to drive fast enough for the guys in the Big Black Ram trucks.  These vehicles seem to always be on my tail trying to push me out of the way.  I can be on the expressway going 10 miles over the limit and it's still not fast enough.  This morning I had a Jeep Cherokee flashing brights at me to get out of the way as I took one of the many detours to get onto E. I-696.  Really sorry to disappoint you guys, but only going so fast. 

Wonderful band concert at the Royal Oak Middle School last night.  Eli is in the first group.  They have made great progress since the last concert.  There was a jazz band comprised of trumpets, saxephones and percussion.  They played a parred down version. of Herbie Hancock's "Chameleon" which I wore out the original disc from playing and playing in the 70's.  I think Herbie would like it being played by middle schoolers.  Many of the pieces were quite challenging and all the players did well.

So, I have mentioned many times that I live in Berkley.  As a relative newcomer (about 3 years) I was pleased to receive this publication put out by the Historical Society about the town's  history after 100 years.  The village was formed in April of 1923.  I may be odd but local history fascinates me.  I like to learn the origin of the street names and the dates the building were constructed. I like to learn about the notable people from the past.  One person is  Rob Tyner of the MC5 which was the outrageous band from my youth.  He lived here in his later years and is buried in the local cemetery.   I complimented the authors on the Berkley FB page and most of the responders agreed but some took exception information that was lacking or missing.  We are all entitled to our opinions.

Thats it

all for now

stay safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...