Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Mimi

I had a terrific walk home from the dentist a couple of days ago.  I seems that everyone was looking for me because I was moving at my usual leisurely pace traveling down Borgman Avenue  in Huntington Woods.  Took a couple of photos of spring flowers popping up along the way.   My dear Sally, the receptionist at the office was concerned I hadn't arrived at my destination and yesterday called Judy up to check on me. She said she was woke up by fearful thoughts regarding my well being.  Its nice to be thought of.
One of my first friends at Oxford Towers was Dick Dickman.  He and I have spent lots of time together talking, drinking coffee and eating.  His constant companion has been an old poodle named Mimi.  It seems that when he and Shirley lived in Somerset apartments this canine was a frequent visitor at their place.  Her owner could no longer care for her and she moved in permanently.  Sadly, Shirley took ill and passed away sometime later.  Mimi was there for everything, a constant companion,  rarely barking only wanting to hang around and watch over him.  I got a text this morning at 5:45.  She had walked over the rainbow bridge.  We knew it was coming,  she was old somewhere in her high teens with a grey muzzle and a hacking cough.  Still they were together for her passing.   It's a sad day for all of us. She was always quietly around.

I am with my grand kids for the morning in that they have a backwards half day at school starting at noon.  The sun is beaming thru the Southfield window.  All are up but not moving too fast.

Thats it

all for now 

stay safe


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...