Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Joyce and Miu

We all have stories to share of the dear pets we've lost.  All one has to do is mention their pet leaving this earth and everyone in the room will have a tale to tell of their deceased dog or cat or bird.   Because of where we live, this is the last rodeo for many of the residents and their faithful companions.  Dear Joyce, the boss, the organizer, and the queen of the the coffee clatch lost her beloved cat Miu yesterday.  Both of these girls are up in years, the kitty was about 20 and her owner has crossed the road of 91.  She cared for this animal and made provisions for her in food, medicine and lifestyle.  The cat had stairs to the couch and to the bed.  This was an animal no one wanted because of her grumpy personality.  My friend stuck it out and made friends with her giving her the best life for the past 5 years.  There are people that are absolute animal lovers.  I am probably not one of them, although I cried like a baby when I had to put my girlfriend Phoebe down.

We have had too much of this around here lately and I hope it is done for awhile.

Another shitty weather day today.  I looked out over the balcony and spotted a thin layer of snow on the cars below.  I know it's not supposed to last but still very frustrating to go from shorts and tee shirts back to winter wear.  Going for coffee with my friend Tom this morning to catchup on our lives.  Will see scads of baby pictures of new grandson Hudson.  I will recount our trip to FL.  Later, going to lunch with friend/former neighbors, Julie and Dave at Tavern to see what's going on in their lives. 

Saw a blurb for the new Biscuits and Gravy restaurant opening in Clawson.  Jerry Bell, this might be a place for us to try out.  I know you are a fan of this stuff.

thats it

all for now

stay safe (wear a coat!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...