Tuesday, April 25, 2023

It's 4 am

It's 4am and always a good time for a photo of my old buddy Apollo.  He is 13 now and always happy to see me on our daily visits.  Still moves pretty good for an old guy, unlike myself.  Still sits on my lap like a pile of bricks and attempts to wash my face.  I will see him later.

Once a week I treat myself to pizza from the Green Lantern carryout joint on the way to Katey's.  It's only 5 bucks for two slices of square pie.  A dreadful lunch I know but my last vice.  I stand at the counter with other guys getting their lunches.  One, works for the Royal Oak Fire Department, one is a heating and cooling guy (his shirt tells the tale) and on guy is from a construction crew buying multiple lunch specials.  A smiling 50 somthing guy brings out the food and all are appreciative and on their way back to their jobs.  These are the guys I identify with more than the coat and tie group.  I was always most comfortable with our warehouse guys.  They was an affable group that genuinely seemed to like me.  I loved feeding them when we dragged out the barbecue.  

I recently made an entry about my personal evaluation.  The comments and reactions had a common thread.  Most of my correspondents are in their 70's like me.  Universally, we all are struggling with balance from time to time.  All have had embarrassing falls.  One of my pals broke her leg,  This issue seems to be a common woe.  I don't have answers or prescribed exercises.  My kids are constantly telling me to "pick up your feet dad".  I try to remember.

Aside from Shannon, I see my kids only briefly if at all.  Saw Katey at the T3 gym  last evening dropping off some stuff.  She looks fit and great.  Exercise has always been her saving grace.  I see Andrew for a hi and bye in the morning with the kids and maybe talk to Jon on occasion.  Everyone has their busy lives.  And all are doing good.  All in all, I am pleased.

Still too cold for my liking but in the grand scheme of things,  it is of no matter.  Back to kid pickup this morning.  Hopefully they will be as cooperative as yesterday.

all for now

stay safe



  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...