Sunday, April 30, 2023

Berkley High

Was out walking Harry before the rain yesterday morning.  Not a bad day I thought.  Walking past the side of Berkley High, I noticed that all the room numbers were posted on the windows as well as all the entrances had clearly marked identifications.  I took me a minute to think about it but these are identifiers to help law enforcement locate a perpetrator in the case of an active shooter.  While it is a good idea, it is a sad statement about the safety of our children in schools.  Think about that for a moment.  Lots of angry people in the mix with a plethora of guns and automatic weapons along with impulsive kids with access.  

One of the headlines on CNN news crawl was to offer "The Ten Most Likely Senate Seats to Flip in 2024".  There are 18 months till America goes to the polls.  The pundits and other talking heads are providing their predictions.  Today's morning programs will give their opinions.  Polls will be splashed across the screen in bullet  points.  I am weary before it begins.

Spring flowers are blooming with all the rain.  The flowering trees are exploding with color.  I wish the rain would stop for awhile.  I need more sunshine.  Granddaughter Marie and her team won their soccer game yesterday in a shutout.  My girl was the goalkeeper.  I am a proud Poppy. Aunt Katey was there as a motivator.  It must have helped.

thats it

all for now

stay safe



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...