Thursday, March 23, 2023

An Evening of fun and falling

 

Had a wonderful dinner with friends Chris and Bob in our little apartment in the afternoon and stretching into the evening yesterday.   It was good to see them after quite some time.  She is suffering with a serious condition and still comes in smiling and engaging.  As I talk to her, I continue to realize how brilliant she is and that I am most fortunate to know her. 

We had a great talk about TV programs we have enjoyed and the state of language is it is presented now.  Most curious is the series on AppleTV+ called Shrinking.  While it is a wonderful insightful show about a psych practice, we discussed the changing language of the characters.  There is a lot of playful offhanded cursing, frankly a lot of fucks,  between friends, family members and acquaintances.  Our most egregious  verb becomes just another word.  Whether we approve it or not, this is how people talk without apology.  It is a direction that will not change as us septuagenarians become antiques and wither away.

As stated before the dinner went well with shrimp scampi as the main course.  I think the shrimp was over cooked by me and the meal would be better served if the protein was placed in a hot pan initially, seared, then removed, only to be added at the end.  We had purchased scones (Elwin's in Berkley) as the desert. Bob brought beer and wine.  I had an IPA with my food.  It fit right in.

We have a small living room in the place and comfortable seating for 3.  I added one of the kitchen chairs as my place for our discussion.  At the end of the visit when our friends decided to depart, I got up from my chair, teetered a bit, lost my balance and fell over, kissing the floor.  Not injured at all, but embarrassed, I stumbled up.  I need to work on my balance.  

all for now

stay upright

enjoy your day


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...