Tuesday, January 10, 2023

They win a big one

 

So the formerly hapless Detroit Lions defeated the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field in a must win game Sunday night.  For other reasons, a playoff berth was not offered to them.  But their constant scourge, the Packers with their arrogant QB were sent home to lick their wounds.  Their coach Dan Campbell is a meat and potatoes guy that inspires these guys to accomplish great things.  He is not afraid to speak his mind or curse.  Seems like a guy you could drink a beer with.  For me, having a team like this for first time since I was a young boy is quite thrilling.  My long suffering Lions fan father looking down from above with his son in law must be pleased.  I told my sports loving nephew Matt, we won the Super Bowl.  Feels like we did. 

Going to have coffee with my cronies this morning.  We haven't done this in a while.  Mainstay comedian and commentator, John Considine has relocated to Florida so things have not been as lively.  I will fire up FaceTime on my phone to reach out to him today looking for an intervention.

Along the same lines, we participated in a trans Atlantic Messenger call with my cousins in Debrecen Hungary Friday.  I went wonderfully with me seeing my Australian cousin for the first time.  The images were outstanding and I am still amazed at how good this works over thousands of miles and4 time zones.  My sister and her husband also participated with our extended family.  I would love to have in depth discussions with Bela about lots of topics. His command of English is good.  He,  however is drowning in work and with his wife  navigating raising 3 lovely daughters 2 of which are teenagers.

Still struggling with the best food plan for me.  Doing my best to have proteins and reduce simple carbohydrates.  I must admit to some frustration at this task.  Foods I always looked forward to are now my enemies.  But, still standing with a reasonable amount of energy and stamina.  We will see in the continuing saga.  

Doing Planet Fitness again this. morning.  Our insurance plan now has reduced the number of daily steps to 5000 required to get the $10 reward each month.  I can get to that just walking around.  Seems almost silly.  

We are back to clouds today with a sunny day yesterday.

that's it 

all for now

stay safe








No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...