Tuesday, December 13, 2022

47 years and an Onion Farm

 

So on November 21st I tried an experiment with a little greenhouse and 1/2 of a white onion after noticing the growth of one in a sealed plastic bag.  Was gifted a small mason jar a while ago and placed the veg in it then sealing it up with nothing else. Moisture gathered in the confines of the jar and we were incubating onions. 

Yesterday, December 11,  I lifted the lid and an onion plant sprung forth.  I planted it in a pot from Judy's porch garden 


with soil stolen from another pot, watered it thoroughly and we will see what happens. Put it under a table lamp and the heliotropics are working.  I know, big news!

It's the next day December 13, 2022.  Today we celebrate 47 years together.  I still never know why she continues to renew my contract.  I still love her as much as that summer in Jamaica where we met in 1975.  When I arrived home, I called my former roommate at 2 in the morning and 
proclaimed, "John, I met a girl!" That says it all.  In six months, we were married after a long distance courtship.
Marriage Is a long road if you hang around with twists and turns and many bumps, bliss and worry, tears and passion. 
I have been happy to share it with her.   


On this day also, in 2015, Marie Reno left this world.  She always did things her own way on her own terms.  She never waited for anyone and she hated saying goodbye. As my mother In law, sometimes she made me nuts.  You could never win an argument no matter what facts you put forth.  But I loved her, even though we battled on politics,  gay rights and other things.  She loved, loved, loved my kids and it showed every time she was with them.  Thinking of her today brings a tear to my eye.  She was around for Eli and Marie as little kids but did not get to meet talkative Paxton or the now talker Everett (who is now potty trained) hurrah!

that's it  
all for now
stay safe



No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...