Friday, November 11, 2022

Pencils and Crane Walk

So, I like these cheap mechanical pencils from Paper Mate that I favor from the time I worked.  I need a pencil with an eraser because of all my miss spellings.  I can correct my errors and no one will be the wiser.  I feared that I was at the end of my supply.  The lead on the last one had run out, today's first dilemma.  Lo and behold my lovely spouse told me to check in the closet.  The box purchased sometime ago sat there completely full.  I was elated and dumfounded at my own stupidity.

My wife told me yesterday that I walk like this Sand Hill Crane, head facing down not looking ahead,  causing my shuffling gate and occasional fall.  I am becoming more bent over, further hampering my balance and continued mobility.  Life is wonderful!  Had a carb loaded day yesterday, bagel, beer and a load of Plato's Potatoes (crispy fries with feta cheese) at Rebublica.  I need a way to go "breadless" for a while.  These things are my downfall. This unfortunately is my "aholic" trait.  The reality of the matter is that I need to find some vegetables I can enjoy.  This needs to become my life's work.

Today is Veterans Day.  My Judy, daughter Katey and son Jonathan are all proud U.S. Navy veterans.  Katey and Jon both went on long deployments at sea and Judy saved infant's lives in their newly invented NICU at the Naval Hospital at Newport RI.  I got to spend a limited time on ships with them.  For me it was a great experience.  I am extremely proud of all of them and look up to their accomplishments and service.

The grand kids are back with their mom for the week.  It gives me more time to contemplate what to do with the rest of my life.  Many of us struggle with this question.

all for now

one last warm day,  clouds but that's ok

stay safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...