Friday, August 5, 2022

Job Fair


Bored, really bored,  needing some meaningful activity along with a couple of bucks.  We have a wonderful, lively elementary school down the street near our home.  Kids racing noisily around the playground is a welcome sound.  The quiet around here is some times deafening.  So the Berkley School System is having a job fair today about a mile away.  I prepared a resume with one of the tools on the computer only including my major employment and my dusty old degree.   I probably cannot wear shorts to this event.  
 

Presenting myself for employment is kind of new at this point.  The last time I interviewed for a job with in 2016 at Staples with nice guy who was a retail burnout at the store in Clawson.  I lasted there about 2-1/2 years before the hours and the low wages got to me.

Update:  met with the movie star handsome principal of Rogers Elementary at the Job Fair.  He had no positions for a person with my qualifications.  I really was not prepared for this today.  I had nothing pre thought of in my head.  Never looked into a job like this.  Thought it would be tables with pamphlets and smiling folks handing them out.  I was wrong.  A guy at the entrance asked. my what I was interested in.  It was a duh moment, and teachable moment for me.

I am sure you are sick of reviews by me.  but saw two remarkable shows yesterday (its the next morning a 5:45 am).  The Last Movie Stars is a documentary series about the early days, the romance and the body of work by Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward.  It is a series of assembled vignettes put together by Ethan Hawke and a team of his friends reading from transcripts from Paul's biography.  The video version of this was burned, hence only the words exist.  It captures the essence of the feel of the fifties films and the depths of the actors.  If you were already a fan, catch this one.

Ron Howard has given us some outstanding films in his post acting career.  His latest offering is the true tail of the rescue of 13 young soccer players from a flooded cave in Thailand.   Thirteen Lives may be the most tense movie you will view in decades.  I had a difficult time falling asleep last night.  The adrenaline was still pumping.  

It Is a foggy beginning today.  PF, shopping, out with friends at dinner time followed by a sleep over with Apollo for me.

all for now

stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...