Thursday, August 11, 2022

Harry and I

Harry and I took our pre-heat walk this morning on a high 50's morning today before 7am.  Took some shots of the sunny morning and a reluctant subject, Harry.  He loves the walks but hates being photographed.



 
Have you noticed that online news sources now mostly demand you to subscribe to their site before the content is revealed.  I know they need their revenue source but since the news used to be free, it bugs me that they converted to this pay to play model.  Apple news, NY Times and others show you nothing but headlines for free.

I have a Nurse Practitioner coming from my Medicare Advantage plan this morning to discuss my health and well being. She just called and gave me an update.  Judy had a similar interview last month with no complaints.  She received a couple of kitchen implements as a senior prize for the effort, but a suspense novel or a musical download (no more CD's)would have been nicer. 

 We are preparing for a Spider Lake adventure commencing at the end of the week.  It will be an ordeal to get there but worth it for all the kids.  It will be wonderful to see my Grand Rapids tribe especially with Paxton starting kindergarten in a week or so.  Praying for at least decent weather and planning for meals.  I will be a one man band for this.  Andrew has to head back early for his job.  Kind of exciting to get my "sea legs" back in the kitchen for a big group.

It's the next day.  The Nurse Practitioner showed up about 9 am but just prior to her arrival, I received video call from Maria in Melbourne in tandem with Maria in Hungary (her mom and my first cousin).  This event was quite remarkable to me in that we were talking and seeing each other over 3 continents and many thousands of miles.  The image from down under was a little sketchy but the one from Europe looked like she was next door.  It was a lovely but brief chat.  

In order to achieve regulatory requirements for Medicare, I received a pretty complete physical and lengthy interview about my medical history.  This lady was extremely pleasant and from Ghana.  She addressed me a Mr. Kocsis.  As we became more familiar, I suggested that she call me Jerry.  She announced that her father would be "jumping out of his grave" if he heard her say that.  In many cultures, addressing ones elders by their station is an absolute requirement.  

Later had a nice dinner and dog walk with our friend Janine who made a wonderful egg casserole followed by ice cream.  All in all a pretty good day.

Today back to kid duties and as of this hour, they are still snoozing.

all for now
stay safe







No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...