Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Ah Solo

So this is my first day solo with pets.  Awoke at 3:18 am this morning and left the house at 4:10 to take Katey to the airport.  She too is heading to the garden state to visit with the Reno side of the family.  All went well, she texted me that the flight was on time and the plane was empty.  Empty.....can you dig that?  We have been seeing news reports showing the chaos at air terminals.  Thus far it's been smooth sailing for her.

Have to throw this in there.  There are lots of automobiles advertised in the media.  Most are much more than most consumers can afford.  Then Stelantis (Chrysler's latest name) promotes their Jeep Grand Cherokee.  At first glance it seems like an oversized station wagon.  Then they proudly announce that you can own this vehicle for a mere $89,500.  Think about that for a moment.  In some ways, and in the not too distant past, this was a house price.  They further proclaim interest free financing for 60 months.   Thats about $1492 a month.  Now I can see that large a price tag for an astounding mid engine Corvette (red for me), but a glorified station wagon, no thanks.

In the middle of strategizing how I am going to make the rest of the week work in all its locations.  By about Thursday, will figure it out.  Will try to eat most of my meals in house to reduce the spending and to know what I am putting in my mouth.  Have a growing list of reminders in a spiral notebook.  My attention span is so short these days, that I have to write everything down as soon as it hits me.  Without this practice, it fades away, gone for good.

It's a quiet, sunny morning at the penitentiary.  Going to meet with the cronies at 830 and on to see friend Tom at 930 for coffee.  Need to have more face to face conversations with my contemporaries. 

A friend is moving to Florida at end of the month.  There is a party coming up this weekend for him.  Our local congressman who is a compatriot of his will be there ostensibly promoting himself for the upcoming election.  I am so pissed at  all the politicians in Washington regardless of party affiliation,  for a litany of reasons. But I  will be there and will shake hands politely and grin.  

all for now

stay safe



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...