Sunday, July 10, 2022

Reunion at Kensington


Had a splendid time at the annual Szasz reunion on Saturday.  Its always held at the same spot at Kensington Metropark about the same time each year.  These are all members of my father's family and with me there, there were 4 generations represented.  This is Bentley from last year and this year.  He is walking with the toddler gate and spreading food around his tray eating some.  He is the youngest member of the crew and I am the oldest.  All my generation in this group are now deceased.  There are so many kids running around, I can hardly keep track.  These young parents and grand parents are relaxed and super welcoming to me.   There was a huge assortment of foods and desserts.  I ate like I was going to the electric chair (to quote my father in law Harry Reno).

Today was more of a nondescript day with usual chores and cleaning of the carpets.  It really needed to be done. Went to check on Simon and sent a photo to the kids.  Called Miss Shannon around dinner time and she is doing ok back to New Gateways tomorrow.


Judy and the kids are have their good time with Aunt Laura and Uncle Mike who like be got banged up in a fall. Trying for about the fourth time to wade through Game of Thrones.  The plot is complicated and enthralling.  For all the differing characters, I like Peter Dinkledge the best.  Been eating pretty shitty for the last two days and need to clean up my act tomorrow.  

Setup some coffee and dinner dates for this week to have conversation with friends.  Need to continue to do this.
all for now
stay safe 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...