Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Medalist

 

So Royal Oak has a Junior Olympics that. includes all 6 elementary schools and their best 38 athletes.  My sweet Marie is on the Tug of War girls team that defeated all the schools to take home the gold medal.  

She was in the anchor position and they cleaned up.  Marie won the best of school award as well, a very proud Poppy am I.

Going to be very warm today, the warmest to date.  I am glad these events were yesterday for the sake of the kids.  Not much going on for me today other than dog duty for Apollo.  Have to start questioning my travels now with the extreme price of gas.  Gone from 30 dollars a week to about 60.


Roses are in bloom at the Penitentiary.  I have fine tomato plants but with all the shade from the overhead trees, will I get any fruit.  Asked for trees to be cut back but to no avail.  They won't let me do the trimming citing liability.  Really do enjoy taking impromptu photos with the IPhone camera.  All this is now taken for granted.  No more lugging around


equipment or film processing with all its waiting.  I take the picture with my phone, it jumps from the Cloud to my computer and I can put it into a publication.  

On a different topic, with all the fanfare for the January 6th hearings and all the evidence presented from all kinds of sources,  I do not believe there will be any consequences for the former president.  He will get off scot free and may have a good shot at the presidency in the next go round.  Rudy will take a financial hit as well as some other members of his team.  At some juncture, one asks what is the point of these hearings if there are no consequences?   

Gas prices have risen to historic levels,   pundits point out the oil companies are making crazy profits.  We are supposed to be shocked.  The simple answer is because we can.  Thats the system and the national minimum wage is still $7.25.

Thats all my bitching for today.  

Please stay out of the heat today if you can

all for now


No comments:

Post a Comment

More developments

Well more stuff is being delivered today.  Appliances are coming.  The plumber is hooking up the sink/disposal/faucet.  Stove and dishwasher...